User Experience Designer at Comcast
Design | Greater Philadelphia Area, US
My Design Philosophy:
Design should be based on people, and their interaction with the world around them. I research the user wants and needs to better understand them and their behavior, which I integrate to design products that will enhance the everyday life of the user. As a designer, I have always been creative, imaginative, passionate, and eager to solve problems in a unique way. I aim to design products that balance form and function, while maintaining the ideal blend of usability, innovation and art.
Specialties: Industrial Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, User Experience, Information Design, Graphic Design, Accessory Design
2013 - Present
User Experience Designer / Comcast
2011 - Present
User Experience & Industrial Designer / Comcast Interactive Media
User Experience Designer/Information Architect Associate / Razorfish Health
Designing functional and engaging digital user experiences for: Pfizer, PEW, Sunovion, Sanofi-Aventis, Johnson & Johnson, Colcrys.
Experience Design & Interaction Intern / Crispin Porter + Bogusky
• Brainstorming creative strategies and new directions for brand opportunities. Creating research analysis documents and infographics to convey market findings.
• Researching users and their experiences, conducting user testing, and developing personas.
• Interaction Design. Wireframing websites, applications, and interfaces.
• Clients: American Express OPEN Forum, Microsoft Windows, Old Navy, Best Buy.
Freelance Designer / Lasko Products
Created product concepts through the design process; brand and competitive market research, engineering and materials understanding, 2D sketch ideation, detail rendering by hand, and 3D computer modeling & rendering.
Industrial Design Intern / Josh Owen, LLC
• Assisted designer on market research, 2D-3D ideation, computer modeling & rendering, packaging, spec sheets, client proposals.
• Developed product concepts for clients; Areaware, Urban Outfitters, Kikkerland, Unica, Casamania, Umbra.
Handbag Design Intern / Coach Leatherware
• Worked with designers on design boards and presentations.
• Created renderings by hand and in Adobe Illustrator.
• Assisted in specs and design cards for seasonal details.
• Selected through competitive portfolio review and interview against hundreds of applicants.
Savannah College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Activities: IDSA, Senior Show Committee
- Graduated with Magna Cum Laude Honors from the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) 2009
- Dean's List from SCAD 2005-2009
- Recipient of SCAD Combined Artistic & Academic Honors Scholarship Award SCAD 2005-2009
- Chosen to participate in sponsored projects with JCB, VTech, and the McGee Eyewear Group
traveling, exploring new places and cultures, art and design, research, people, going to art museums and galleries, skiing, cooking